Arcadia in Cuba Courses
You’ll take a semester load of 16 credits for this program.
- Make sure your credits transfer back for credit with your home school – this is your responsibility.
- Please be flexible about courses – we can’t guarantee placement in specific courses.
- Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form to The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University.
|UHAV POCU 350
||Cuban-U.S. Relations: Past and Present
Students will write a placement essay at the beginning of their time in Havana, which will determine their placement in a 4-credit Spanish language course.
Spanish language courses for foreign students are taught by the Modern Languages Department.
Two or Three Electives
Students will be directly enrolled in two or three courses of their choice at the University of Havana. Each course is worth 2, 3 or 4 credits.
Following is a list of courses that have been chosen by American students in the past:
- History of the Americas
- U.S. History
- History of Cuba
- Cultural History of Cuba
- Cuban Historiography
- Special Topics Course: José Martí
- History of Cuban Thought
- History of Philosophy
- Marxist-Leninist Philosophy & Society
- Marxist-Leninist Political Economy
- Asian History
- African & Middle Eastern History
- Contemporary European History
- Historical Theory