Arcadia in Cuba Summer Program Courses
You will be enrolled in a four week summer program that is taught in the University of Havana. All courses except Spanish language are in English.
- Make sure your credits transfer back for credit with your home school – this is your responsibility.
- Please be flexible about courses – we can’t guarantee placement in specific courses.
- Please review your course choices with your academic or study abroad advisor, and submit the online course registration form to The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University.
The program is worth six credits and you take two courses out of a choice of three:
- Cuban - U.S. relations: Past and Present (taught in English): The course will be a living laboratory of a country in transition. Topics covered include: What has led to the embargo and strained relations between the U.S. and Cuba? What is the past history and the future for these two countries?
- Spanish language: This course will be available in beginner, intermediate and advanced levels.
- Bio-diversity in Cuba: The course focuses on the unique flora and fauna of the island of Cuba, and includes field trips to the Cuban National Botanical Gardens and biosphere.
|UHAV POCU 350
||Cuban-U.S. Relations: Past and Present