As a participant on an Arcadia program, you are guaranteed housing. Our priority is to provide a safe, clean, cost-effective and convenient place for you to live, while offering you every opportunity to explore the local culture and community.
- You’ll stay in double- and triple-room dormitory style arrangements at the Arcadia student residence, located in the Vedado area of Havana. The residence is approximately a 25-minute walk to the University of Havana.
- The student residence is staffed with a security guard at all times, and has common areas to meet with guests and other students. Your room has an en suite bathroom, air conditioning, a desk and television.
- Laundry service is included; bed linens and towels will be provided and changed twice per week.
- Dial-up internet access is available at the student residence and is shared among the program participants.
- If you want to submit a roommate request, we will need it from both you and your friend in writing. While we will do our best to accommodate your request, we cannot guarantee specific assignments.
- It is very common to live in mixed-gender housing in Cuba. Your room will be single-gender, though shared common spaces can be mixed-gender. Be sure to speak with your Program Manager for more information.
- You’ll have your accommodation throughout your semester, including breaks.
- We will do our best to honor your housing preferences, however we cannot guarantee any specific housing assignments.
- Since housing considerations can vary, we have to reserve our right to change accommodation options at any time.
If you have any special needs regarding your accommodation – dietary, medical, physical – please let us know when applying. Any information received will be treated as confidential and only shared with individuals involved in your housing placement.
Housing Deadlines By Semester
- Fall: March 15
- Spring: October 15
- Summer: March 31
- Specific program housing details are outlined on each program page.
- Arcadia University Housing Policy is detailed in our Student Handbook.