As a participant on an Arcadia program, you are guaranteed accommodation. Our priority is to provide a safe, clean, cost-effective and convenient place for you to live, while offering you every opportunity to explore the local culture and community.
- As an Arcadia student in Chile you will be housed in a homestay with a local Chilean family. The homestays are either in neighborhoods of Valparaíso (old city) or Viña del Mar.
- Most homes are a 15-20 minute commute by bus or Metro to the academic campus. Only one student will be assigned per house; you will have a single bedroom and be given three meals each day.
- Laundry service and internet connections are provided in your homestay but please be aware the internet will not be as a high speed as you are used to.
- Accommodations with families that have a basic proficiency in English can be requested.
- Chile is an environmentally friendly country and air-conditioning and central heating are not standard in a typical residence. Remember that it will take some time to adjust to the climate.
- You’ll have your accommodation throughout your semester, including breaks.
- We will do our best to honor your housing preferences, however we cannot guarantee any specific housing assignments.
- Since accommodation considerations can vary, we have to reserve our right to change accommodation options at any time.
If you have any special needs regarding your accommodation – dietary, medical, physical – please let us know when applying. Any information received will be treated as confidential and only shared with individuals involved in your housing placement.
Accommodation Deadlines By Semester
- Fall: May 5
- Spring: November 30
- Summer: March 31
- Specific program accommodation details are outlined on each program page.
- Arcadia University Housing Policy is detailed in our Student Handbook.