As you board the plane in the U.S., leaving behind the comforts of home, family and friends for your new adventure in Australia, be confident that we’ve got you covered pre-departure through to arrival and beyond.
This way for Arcadia students!
You’ll easily spot the friendly Arcadia staff holding signs waiting for you in the airport arrivals hall. A coach will be waiting to take you to your orientation program in Queenscliff usually lasting three to four days. You will not need all your luggage, so Arcadia arranges for the majority of your luggage to be placed in storage for the duration of orientation. Sydney Internship Program Summer students will have their orientation on-site in Sydney and will move directly into their summer accommodation after arrival.
- Bring a small overnight bag with layered, casual clothing - jeans, t-shirts, fleece, rain jacket, swimsuit, towel, walking shoes, toiletries and personal items.
- This well-structured, comprehensive orientation delivered by our staff, covers all essential information you’ll need to find your feet in Australia.
- Sessions include: health & safety issues, local transport information, academic adjustment, budgeting, survival training, suggestions for meeting new friends, and an introduction to Australian cultures and traditions.
- Social and cultural events.
- Orientation is evaluated by students and every semester we review content and delivery with student input in mind.
- All accommodation and scheduled activity costs over orientation are covered by Arcadia. Breakfasts and two dinners are covered but please ensure you have enough money (AUD, card etc) to pay for two lunches and one dinner - $150AUD should be ample and you can change this amount when you are with us on Day 1 - either with travellers cheques, US cash or using an ATM card.
- On the final day of orientation, you will move into your new home. We will provide transport to the airport and will see you safely on your flight to your host university.