In order to study in Australia, you are required to have a valid Australian student visa. This may seem daunting, but don’t worry, your program manager will walk you through every step and send you the required documentation with full instructions and details of everything you will need. If you are traveling internationally in the months leading up to your program start date, please let your program manager know.
Semester and Yearlong Students
If you are a US citizen
The easiest and most efficient way to apply for and secure a student visa is online as most applications are approved in less than 4 weeks. If you are contacted by the Australian Department of Immigration requesting additional information, please notify your program manager immediately.
If you are NOT a US citizen
The visa application may be a time-consuming process and typically takes 4 weeks to process, but can take longer. You are able to apply online, but may be requested to supply more documentation than a US citizen. If you are not a native English speaker, you may need to provide documentation of English language proficiency, such as the IELTS, Cambridge, or TOEFL.
For those students attending an Australian university, who are applying for a student visa, please follow this step-by-step process.
Step 1: Obtain a passport
You must possess a valid Passport. If you do not have a passport, please begin the process of securing one immediately. If you already have a passport, please check that it has not expired or is not due to expire within 6 months of your departure from Australia. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the intended date of departure from Australia.
Step 2: Complete an Acceptance of Offer
All Australian Universities require the completion of an Acceptance of Offer in order to begin the visa process. Your program manager will email your Australian University Offer Letter and instructions on how to complete your Acceptance of Offer. This must be completed, hand signed, and returned to your program manager as the visa process cannot begin until these forms are received.
Step 3: Receive Certificate of Enrollment (CoE)
After you have completed and returned your Acceptance of Offer to Arcadia University, the Australian university will issue the Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) document. Your CoE is an official document issued by the university; neither your acceptance letter from Arcadia University nor your offer letter from the Australian University is your CoE.
The CoE will usually be sent to you via email by your program manager approximately 4 weeks prior to your departure. Once you have received this document, please verify that all information on the form is correct. Please note:
- Your birthday will be written day/month/year
- The session dates listed as the "Course Start Date" and "Course End Date" should cover your entire study period (though they many not cover this Arcadia orientation - this is fine).
The CoE confirms that you will be enrolled at the university between these dates. If there are any errors on the document, please contact your program manager immediately so a corrected CoE can be issued.
Step 4: Complete the Online Visa Application
If you have obtained your CoE, you may now apply for your student visa online.
Please use this Sample Visa Application - This will guide you in answering some of the questions on your application.
- To determine the documentation you may need in order to apply, use the Document Checklist Tool. Choose your country of passport, your education provider (your Australian university), and tick the none of the above box. Click Display Evidence to see a list of the documentation you may need to provide. Documentation often requested includes:
- Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) - Evidence of your enrollment at an Australian university (sent to you by your program manager)
- Evidence of Adequate Health Insurance - Enter the dates of your OSHC coverage as found on your CoE
- Genuine Temporary Entrant Requirement - A statement or declaration that you intend to genuinely stay in Australia temporarily
- Identification - A copy of your passport photo page
- Employment History - Please indicate that you are a full-time student, do not include a resume
- Qualifications Outside Australia - An official transcript (sent to you by your program manager)
- In order to apply, select the Apply tab.
- Click on the ImmiAccount link.
- On the next page click Start an Application and the ImmiAccount link.
- On the next page click Login to ImmiAccount and create an ImmAccount.
- You are now ready to begin the online student visa application. You will need your passport details and CoE to complete the application.
- Important: You will be asked if you have a medical condition. Before answering this question, please be sure to review the overview of the health requirement. If you are unsure whether you meet the health requirement please call your program manager.
- Students with a medical condition or who have spent time in a country identified as a high-risk tuberculosis (TB) country may be requested to complete a medical exam. If you are requested to complete a medical exam please notify your program manager immediately. All medical exams must be performed by an approved panel doctor - find a list of panel doctors.
- The current visa fee is $550 AUD. Please note that the fee is subject to change without notice; refer to the Australian Department of Immigration for the current fee.
- Your CoE code will be located in the upper right hand corner of your CoE.
- The Provider's Code is listed in brackets next to the name of your Australian University on your CoE.
- As you are filling out your visa application, you may be asked to designate whether you are applying offshore or onshore. If you are outside of Australia when applying, choose the offshore option.
- If you are unsure of an answer for a field, you may simply leave it blank (such as your residential address or telephone number in Australia). These fields are not mandatory for the submission of your application.
- It is important that you enter your email address correctly on the visa application. All correspondence, including notification that your visa has been granted, will be sent via email.
- The application does request the email address of a secondary contact. If you enter an email address other than your own, all correspondence from the Australian Department of Immigration, including your visa grant notification, may be sent to that email address and not yours.
- In the event Australian Immigration requires additional documentation, they will notify you by email. Requested documentation may include: medical examinations, chest x-rays, police reports or English language requirements. If you are asked to submit additional documentation, notify your program manager and act promptly.
- Students with a police record may be asked to provide additional documentation which may slow the processing time of your visa. Please be sure to apply early. If you are requested to submit police reports please notify your program manager immediately. You can find how to apply for a police clearance by reviewing the "Good character and offenses" page.
Step 5: Submission of Online Visa Application
After you have submitted your online visa application, a receipt screen will confirm that your application has been lodged. This screen will contain your Transaction Reference Number (TRN). Please copy and store this number in a safe place. Your TRN will allow you to check the status of your visa. You will also receive an email from Australian Immigration within 24 hours of submitting your online application confirming that your application has been lodged and is currently being reviewed.
Step 6: Checking the Status of your Visa
Approximately 2-3 days after submitting your online application, you should query the status of your application to determine if your application has been approved using VEVO (Australian Immigration’s Online Visa Query System).
- Go to the VEVO website.
- Select Check your own visa details with VEVO
- Read the Terms and Conditions before selecting to agree to them.
- Enter your TRN (Transaction Reference Number) OR password (used on your initial online application), date of birth, passport details and country of passport as prompted and click OK.
- If your status is approved, please print out the web page and carry this with your passport.
- If your status is listed as pending, please allow a few more days for processing.
- If, after two weeks, your application is still listed as pending, please contact your program manager.
- If your status is not approved, please contact contact your program manager immediately.
Step 7: Visa Approval
Notification that your visa has been granted will be sent to the email address you listed on your visa application. Please save this email, forward it to your program manager, and print a copy of your visa grant notification to bring with you to Australia.