We try to make your travel overseas as easy and affordable as possible. Please note that you must physically attend all of your Arcadia orientation, which begins on the posted program arrival date. Most orientations will be held in Melbourne, though please check your program dates for specific details. To get yourself there on-time, you’ll have many travel aspects to consider, including obtaining your Visa.
- You’ll have to check in to orientation by the scheduled time on your program start date.
- If you arrive at the airport on the scheduled arrival date at the scheduled time, you will be eligible for group transportation from the airport to your orientation accommodation. If you are not taking the group flight, you must arrive in time to meet the group at the airport in order to take advantage of Arcadia-provided transportation.
- After orientation is over, the group flight will include an internal flight to your program location (if applicable). If you plan to travel independently, be sure to book the same internal flight as the group.
- If you want to travel before or after your program dates you will have to organize your own transportation and accommodation for that period. Please also check the visa requirements before you book.
- Environmental Studies summer program (EECS) and January Term: Based on the unique program travel logistics, we strongly encourage you to book the group flights through Student Universe.
- Don’t forget to complete the Online Flight Form once you have booked.
Booking your flight
Arcadia has organized a group flight for the majority of our Australian programs. Group flights are met by the Arcadia in-country staff. Students who book on the Group Flight will be provided transportation to and from the airport to their orientation venue and program housing. You are responsible for arranging and purchasing your own flight. To book your travel, please visit Student Universe/Arcadia Page and choose your program.
Please Note: If you want to travel before or after your program dates, please check your visa requirements.
Vacation Travel Tips
- Wait until you are in-country to make travel plans for during your program so you know your class schedule and assessment dates.
- Choose a good guidebook such as those from Let's Go or Lonely Planet. You can also check online sources, maps and street views for country background, attractions, locally filmed movies, local author books to read etc.
- Join the Youth Hostel Association in the U.S. – Youth Hostels are inexpensive and fun student accommodation found around the world: For more visit: Hostelling International USA.
- Check out our FAQs for more tips on what to pack.