We try to make your travel overseas as easy and affordable as possible. Please note that you must physically attend all of your Arcadia orientation in Melbourne, which begins on the posted program arrival date. To get yourself there on-time, you’ll have many travel aspects to consider, including obtaining your Visa.
- You’ll have to check in to orientation by the scheduled time on your program start date.
- If you arrive at the airport on the scheduled arrival date at the scheduled time, you will be eligible for group transportation from the airport to your orientation accommodation. It is strongly recommended that students not taking the group flight arrive in time to meet the group at the airport, in order to take advantage of Arcadia-provided transportation. If you choose to arrive before your program start date, you will have to organize your own transportation and accommodation for that period.
- If you are attending a university not located in Melbourne area, be sure to book the proper internal domestic flight that will take you to your program destination after orientation.
- Don’t forget to complete the Online Flight Form once you have booked.
Booking your flight
You are responsible for arranging and purchasing your own flight. Please Note: If you want to travel before or after your program dates please check your visa requirements.
Arcadia has organized a group flight for the majority of our Australian programs. Group flights are met by the Arcadia in-country staff. Students who book on the Group Flight will be provided transportation to and from the airport to their orientation venue and program housing. To book your travel, please visit Student Universe/Arcadia Page and choose your program.
Vacation Travel Tips
- Wait until you are in-country to make travel plans for during your program so you know your class schedule and assessment dates.
- Choose a good guidebook such as those from Let's Go or Lonely Planet. You can also check online sources, maps and street views for country background, attractions, locally filmed movies, local author books to read etc.
- Join the Youth Hostel Association in the U.S. – Youth Hostels are inexpensive and fun student accommodation found around the world: For more visit: Hostelling International USA.
- Check out our FAQs for more tips on what to pack.