Your Home Away From Home Down Under
Jump To The Program List
The Arcadia Melbourne Center is the hub for Arcadia student support across Australia and it co-ordinates our staff members in Sydney and Queensland.
The Center is located in the heart of the very popular neighborhood of St. Kilda, famous for its beach, theaters, festivals and cafe culture. The area is alive with music and culture which attracts students, young professionals, artists and tourists. There are many great restaurants, faces and shops all within easy walking distance of the center. Nearby bus and tram stops will quickly take you into the center of Melbourne. Melbourne itself was ranked the World’s Most Liveable City by The Economist in 2012 and offers a versatile location to students seeking easy access to city and rural life in Australia.
Arcadia has a strong history in Australia, delivering study abroad programs down under since 1996. Our center and its staff will help you settle in and make the most out of your stay in the Down Under, helping you coordinate with your Australian institution or internship location and offering guest speakers, excursions and other support when you need it. This experience and all Center activities are at your disposal, wherever you are studying in Australia.
- Energy and commitment from staff and faculty – From academic support and health & safety expertise, to roommate advice or quirky recommendations on how to do a Tim Tam Slam (Australian cookies) – we’re here to help.
- Self-catering accommodation on-site – Students can live at the center in a single room with shared bathroom. Common facilities include a large, fully equipped kitchen, common gathering area and laundry facilities. The garden is the perfect outdoor space to relax and get to know your housemates.
- On-site facilities – Classrooms, a student lounge to meet and mingle, meeting rooms, computer lab, printers, free WIFI, TV and fax..
- Learning beyond the classroom – Activities facilitated by our staff are linked to coursework — volunteering, service learning, cultural engagement, excursions and more.
- Keeping in touch – We are contactable 24/7 and like to keep in-touch with our students on social media through our blog and online channels such facebook groups, instagram and twitter accounts.