Experienced support and guaranteed good humor throughout your stay in Scotland
Jump To The Program List
The Arcadia Edinburgh Center is the hub for Arcadia student support throughout Scotland. We are located in a beautiful 18th Century Georgian building on the campus of the University of Edinburgh in a charming city that is designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site .
Our center and its staff will help you settle in and make the most out of your stay in Scotland, helping you coordinate with your Scottish institution and offering guest lecturers, presentations from community leaders, cultural workshops and research seminars on topical issues. We’ll also show you around Edinburgh and help you relate your American life to your new Scottish lifestyle.
Arcadia has a longstanding history in Scotland, with our first students studying abroad in Scotland in 1976. Today we have three full-time staff, two part-time staff (one located in Glasgow) and associated faculty to support all students in both direct enrol programs across Scotland and center based programming. This experience and all Center activities are at your disposal, wherever you are studying in this enthralling country.
- A committed staff and faculty – From academic support from expert faculty and health & safety expertise, to roommate advice, festival tips and quirky recommendations on the best deep fried mars bars – we’re here to help 24/7 (phone, blog, email, social media…).
- On-site facilities – Classrooms, a lounge to meet and mingle, computers, printers, free WIFI, fax and a library.
- Homestays – Our staff organize a weekend homestay for every student to give you a chance to integrate with Scottish people and their fun approach to life.
- Learning beyond the classroom – Activities facilitated by our staff are linked to coursework — volunteering, service learning, cultural engagement, excursions and more.
- Keeping in touch – We are contactable 24/7 and like to keep in-touch with our students on social media through our blog and online channels such Facebook groups, Instagram and Twitter accounts.