We try to make your travel overseas as easy and affordable as possible. Please note that you must physically attend all your Arcadia orientation in-country, which begins on the posted program arrival date (check your program for details). To get yourself there on-time, you’ll have many travel aspects to consider, including obtaining your Visa. Please also see the Know Before You Go information for the specific country you will be studying in.
- You’ll have to check in to orientation at the scheduled time on the program start date. Once orientation is completed, you’ll be provided with transportation to your host institution or accommodation.
- If you arrive in country at the scheduled time on the scheduled arrival date, you will be eligible for group transportation from the airport to your orientation accommodation where this service is provided. If you choose to arrive before your program start date, you will have to organize your own transportation and accommodation for that period.
- Don’t forget to complete the Online Flight Form once you have booked.
Booking your flight
You are responsible for arranging and purchasing your own flight. If you want to travel before or after your program dates please check your visa requirements.
We don’t arrange group flights for most programs. For those where group flight are not arranged, we recommend you book through our travel provider: Student Universe to avail of discounted student fares on suggested available flights, or on individual student bookings. In addition, Student Universe staff are very familiar with our programs and offer date change flexibility. To book your travel, please visit Student Universe/Arcadia and choose your appropriate country and program.
Vacation Travel Tips while Abroad
- Wait until you are in-country to make plans for travel during your program so you know your class schedule and assessment dates.
- Choose a good guidebook such as those from Lets Go or Lonely Planet. You can also check online sources, maps and street views for country background, attractions, locally filmed movies, local author books to read etc.
- Research rail passes and student discount opportunities that will save you a lot of money on transport
- Join the Youth Hostel Association in the U.S. – Youth Hostels are inexpensive and fun student accommodation found around the world. For more visit: Hostelling International USA.
- Check out our FAQs for more tips on what to pack.